Friday, July 27, 2012

On Moving On

I am desperately trying to move to... anywhere.

I started out entertaining the idea of moving back to Chicago almost immediately after I came back to Ohio at the beginning of 2011, but I knew that I needed to close a few doors and just learn to be for a bit.

Well just being is pretty much all I've done for the last 18 months and I am ready to start doing something. Seriously, I am going to fucking lose it if it doesn't happen soon.

So I started with the idea of moving to Minneapolis, a fabulous city with lots of lakes and a pretty cool, laid back attitude. I feel in love with MPLS when I went there for work a few summers ago, and it sort of felt right. Then I started looking at Chicago again; somehow, it always comes back to Chicago. But then, what about Dallas? My best friend is moving there next week, so how bad can it be? No, it's not unreasonable at all to consider it, regardless of how much I don't like Dallas, or the heat, or pretty much all Texans outside of Austin! Wait... But what about Minneapolis? Chicago? San Francisco, Boston, Seattle?!

My head is going to explode. So I decided to just apply to any opportunity that might seem right for me and let things fall into place. It is taking every ounce of energy for me to not spaz out about this. Too many options make me crazy (crazier).

No comments:

Post a Comment